Required Experience: 4 years
- Planning lessons and activities that facilitate students' acquisition of basic and advanced computer skills.
- Instructing in a manner that develops students' confidence in their abilities.
- Observing and managing classroom dynamics.
- Invigilating and grading projects, quizzes, and examinations.
- Tracking and communicating students' advancement throughout the course.
- Ensuring that the computer laboratory remains free from food and drink at all times.
- Download important software updates and maintain hardware.
- Ideal Applicant must possess a minimum of First Degree in Computer Science – B.Sc + NCE / B.Sc (Ed) / B.Ed / PGDE / PDE / M.Ed
- Applicants must have a minimum of 4 years teaching experience in the area of specialisation teaching Primary School students
- Reside at Amuwo Odofin, Lagos or in very close proximity.
- The French Teacher will be tasked with teaching pupils how to speak and write in French, developing a range of assessments including written and oral tests, and creating an overall positive learning experience.
- You must be able to work with children who have different capabilities and interests.
- Outstanding candidates are able to identify pupils' strengths and weaknesses and take an innovative approach to language teaching.
- Assessing the capabilities of the pupils and developing appropriate lesson plans and curricula.
- Pronouncing words and phrases and explaining their meanings to students.
- Making recommendations to students for further learning and development.
- Organizing conversational classes and fun events where students can engage with French culture.
- Updating records and handling various administrative duties.
- Conducting research to develop appropriate learning materials, language games, and other teaching aids.
- Using both in-class activities and online resources and platforms to create a blended learning environment.
- Teaching the various tiers of French to students.
- Developing and grading informal and formal written and oral assessments.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in French Language or Literature.
- Proven proficiency in oral and written French.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be tech-savvy, and skilled with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other learning software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and resilience.
- Innovative thinking.
- Good administration skills.
- Prepare and deliver Phonetics lessons to pupils of diverse age groups
- Evaluate and grade pupils' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and lesson notes.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Maintain pupils attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintain records of pupils assessment results, progress, feedback, or school performance, ensuring the confidentiality of all records.
- Develop teaching or training materials, such as handouts, study materials, or quizzes.
- Communicate pupils progress to management, parents or teachers in written progress reports, in person, by phone, or by email.
- Collaborate with pupils, parents, teachers, school administrators, or counsellors to determine student needs, develop tutoring plans, or assess student progress.
- Administer, proctor, or score academic or diagnostic assessments.
- Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies
- B.(Ed)/B.Art in Engish, Linguistics or related course
- At least 5 Years experience teaching Phonetics in a primary school
- Must have a good knowledge of the British/Nigerian curriculum.
- In addition to specific required qualifications, the candidate must have a good command of English, eloquent and must have good interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skill
- Proficient in the use of the computer and internet.
- Must possess leadership skills
- Must possess excellent teaching skills
- Must be Presentable