Company Name: Anonymous Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Job Level: Entry level
Education Level: N.C.E
Valid Until: 12th June 2021
- Utilize appropriate language, interactions, and positive discipline.
- Model positive behavior.
- Assist in instructing and supervising children in classroom activities.
- Implement age-appropriate activities that support the Head Start standards and the Creative Curriculum.
- Implement and model family style eating during meal times.
- Continuously monitor children to ensure safety at all times, and report child abuse and neglect when necessary.
- Assess children on a regular basis.
- Take pictures and maintain anecdotal notes, written observations, and other approved forms of documentation for each child.
- Administer Creative Curriculum, Ages and Stages Questionnaire, Ages and Stages SE Questionnaire.
- Utilize research library, research, plan, and develop age-appropriate activities for lesson plans in conjunction with the Lead Teacher.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in incorporating required activities into lesson plans that support children’s development.
- Help Lead Teacher prepare activities that support lesson plans.
- Maintain open communication with parents by scheduling and conducting parent/teacher conferences and home visits.
- As a parent advocate, help resolve issues or concerns that are raised.
- Inform parents about daily classroom routine, expectations, policies, field trips, and volunteer opportunities.
- Communicate with parents about incidents that have been observed and/or recorded in school.
- Obtain all required classroom parental signatures such as on all incident reports and field trip permission slips.
- Design and complete documentation panels for the classrooms and hallways.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for classroom activities including meal count sheets, attendance, screenings, parent/teacher conferences, in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate education folders to include complete incident reports, permission slips.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date portfolios.
- Maintain classroom supply lists and inventory.
- Complete all assessment paperwork, such as the Creative Curriculum checklist according to specified timelines.
- Support volunteers, interns, teacher aides.
- Under the direction of Lead Teachers delegate duties as necessary, and give constant feedback to facilitate professional growth.
- Work closely with School Director, Administrator, classroom teaching team, and other content area specialists.
- Actively participate in meetings which may include management, teaching team, center, committee, parent, parent policy, family reviews, city/state, agency, and board meetings.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Communicate and share ideas and concerns with the Lead Teacher, School Director, Education Coordinator, and other management team members.
- Engage in continuing education and professional development activities such as training, workshops, and classes to meet required qualifications.
- Help to maintain a clean and organized learning environment.
- Sanitize all surfaces, equipment, and classroom toys.
- Maintain a quality room arrangement in compliance with curriculum standards.
- Routinely check classroom equipment and materials to ensure they are in good repair.
- For this position, qualifications of BEd/BSc(Ed)/BSc, PGDE, NTI, or NCE qualifications will be required.
- Having extra-curricular skills would be an advantage.