Valid Until: 16th January 2017
Company Name: North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
Job Type: Full Time
Required Experience: None
Position Duration: 18 Days, as needed
The consultant (Translator) will provide technical assistance to translate and transcribe audio and printed material produced by the program from English to Hausa/ Kanuri and vice versa. The translator will be required to have access to a laptop to enable adequate transcription of materials. The consultant will provide ongoing services, as needed, for a period not to exceed 18 total days.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Translator will work most directly with the Reporting Officer and other field team members as necessary.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Listen to and adequately translate audio and printed materials from English to Hausa and/or Kanuri as required.
- Transcribing translated materials onto into the programs required format.
- Any other duties, commensurate with ability, necessary to fulfill responsibilities of the consultancy.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written compression of English, Hausa and Kanuri languages
- Proven experience in translating audio and printed materials from English to Hausa/Kanuri and vice versa.
- Ability to type out translated materials using Microsoft Office word.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem-solving skills, and provide technical supervision when necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.