Company Name: General Electric Company (GE)
Job Type: Full Time
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:Job Title: Senior Services Engineer
Job ID: R3575267
- The Lead Service Specialist will be responsible for executing Healthcare Digital (RiS & PACS) installations, upgrades, services integrations, data migration and product support.
- Advanced, total system-level troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment. Execute services integration and data migration
- Daily interface with doctors and technicians on equipment status issues
- Act to ensure satisfaction to primary customers
- Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner
- Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated
- Identify Sales opportunities and communicate to account team and assists in the growth and direction of business in his/her geographic area
- Work as a member of the local team to provide efficient and cost effective service delivery to all accounts with assigned area
- Responsible for Warranty and PMS contract cost control
- Administration: Responsibly complete all administration tasks on time
- Ensure timely completion of FMIs and PMS inspections documentation for assigned accounts
- Teach and assist other Field Engineers on advanced and complex troubleshooting and technical fixes, plays a leading role on complex and multifunctional system fixes
- Installation: Play a leading role in complex and multifunctional rooms
- Maintain effective quality systems and programs compliant with ISO 9001 standard, according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- Technical analytical skills 5-7 years Field Services experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in PACS/RIS support
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in RIS/PACS installations and upgrades
- Data Migration and Services Integration Experience
- Good understanding of HL7 and DICOM
- Experience with medical IT systems
- Understanding of Radiology and Cardiology workflow
- Experience with Windows server environments
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with SQL and Oracle database applications
- Experience with VMWare virtualization solutions.
Application Closing Date