Required Experience: 2 years
Salary Period: monthly
Job Type: Full Time
Valid Until: 25th January 2022
Language Skills: English
Education Level: Bachelor's degree
Company Name: Ngcom Network Solutions
- The NOC Support Engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of base transceiver stations and IP devices, as well as fiber infrastructure across Ngcoms network, performing first line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolving where necessary, and escalating to other levels for support.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti or Cambium radio
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM / OTN technology
- Good Knowledge of OLT
- Strong knowledge of PtP / PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP / IP configurations and troubleshooting
- This is a shift based role.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycles or operations
- Monitor network providing update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide first-line support on all faults on the network in accordance with the Company's standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using standard operating procedures
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met.