Required Experience: 3 years
Salary Period: monthly
Job Type: Full Time
Language Skills: English
Education Level: Bachelor's degree
Company Name: Sabrud Consortium
- We are looking to hire an experienced IT Engineer who will assist to manage our company’s computer systems and other IT equipment
- As an IT engineer, you will be responsible for designing hardware configurations, installing software, managing network systems, and training staff on correct operating procedures.
- To ensure success as an IT engineer, you should have extensive experience maintaining small - medium scale computer systems, the ability to project manage, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or a Related Field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Basic knowledge of electrical/ electronic equipment such as smart prepaid meter and their mode of communication.
- Familiarity with general OS systems, Enterprise, programming languages, and Office software.
- Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
- Knowledge of database and networking security systems.
- Decision Making, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Ability to Meet Goals, Patience.
- Meeting with the IT manager/supervisor to discuss system needs.
- Provides IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users
- Offers troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment such as printer, photocopier, desktops/ laptop's or networks malfunction
- Provides phone, live chat, or in-person support, depending on the need at hand
- Walks clients through solutions to solve problems and directs questions to supervisors or specialists when necessary
- Documents daily tasks, training, and support sessions to inform the department and organisation better regarding IT support needs
- Maintains records of hardware and software inventory
- Follows emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failures when necessary and protects data and security
- Stays updated regarding new technology through industry news