Valid Until: 30th January 2022
Company Name: Fosad Consulting
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level: BA/BSc/HND
Required Experience: 10 years
- The Director of Boarding will assume full responsibility for the oversight and management of the Boys and Girls boarding houses on campus and will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of the boarding staff team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and managing Heads of Boarding, Deputy Heads of Boarding and House Parents, directing the House staff in the execution of their duties, in liaison with the Facility Manager, medical team, Chef, laundry and other departments involved in boarding.
- Deploy, train and develop all boarding staff to make the most effective use of their skills, expertise and experience and to ensure that all boarding staff have a clear understanding of their roles, duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure the School’s compliance with the regulatory requirements of the National Minimum Boarding Standards and to liaise with the Head in preparation and running of the boarding inspection.
- Keep the Principal and other appropriate staff, informed of pastoral issues, medical matters, discipline and good conduct and maintaining records accordingly, e.g ensure records relating to the whereabouts of boarders are accurate and up to date
- Manage the budget for all areas of boarding and ensure all financial paperwork is completed as required.
- Provide pastoral support, communicate and work closely within the boarding provision so as to be aware of any emotional, academic, social, behavioral or adjustment issues pertaining to boarding students
- Support the School Behavior and Disciplinary Policy using encouragement, rewards and appropriate sanctions within boarding to promote expected behavior.
- Ensure all paperwork, as required by law, is completed efficiently and effectively and updated as appropriate, including security, fire safety and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is implemented effectively and appropriately, such as fire log, signing in and out book.
- Organize, in conjunction with the School Leadership Team, all boarding student travel arrangements.
- Ensure a full and varied program of weekend activities is available to meet each boarding student’s individual needs – this will involve arranging, organizing and participating in activities, trips and social events, both during the week and at weekends.
- Undertake, from time to time, such additional duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal
Qualifications and Requirements
- First Degree in any discipline.
- Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Education will be an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in a related field
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills with excellent IT and communication skills
- Passionate about and dedicated to boarding, being aware of Health & Safety issues in boarding and the National Minimum Boarding Standards.
- Capable of formulating and expressing an independent view and of working effectively as part of a team.
- Should have an international exposure.