Company Name: Microsoft
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level: BA/BSc/HND
Required Experience: 2 years
Job number: 1208930
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type Full-Time
- As a foundational pillar of the company, the Digital Transformation Platform group is building the next generation of business applications and platforms that will help businesses large and small succeed in achieving their digital transformation agenda.
- The products we are responsible for include Data platform, IoT platform, ML platform, Industry cloud, Dynamics 365, Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate), Mixed Reality for business and other SaaS applications and workloads.
- We are seeking a dynamic individual contributor for our Data Science function as part of our Insights and Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering deep analytical insights to drive business success as well as productizing models to help drive usage growth of our products.
- Applying statistical and machine learning techniques to problems like customer or user segmentation, classification, and clustering to understand usage trends and drivers of satisfactions
- You will design experiments, analyze results, and produce actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them.
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels
- Drive innovation leveraging Data Science and Machine Learning, to experiment with and establish new ways of driving customer engagement by leveraging data – ultimately resulting in usage and satisfaction growth
- Engage with customers via public presentations and 1:1 meeting at all levels
- Bachelor's, Master's or PHD in Data Science, Mathematics, Operational Research, or related field.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with data science, big data experience and analytics in a business context.
- Experience with product and service big data telemetry systems.
- Significant experience in Data Science and Machine Learning with a strong proven track record in delivering positive business impact .
- Strong knowledge in applied statistics and mathematics
- Significant experience of analytical programming languages such as R and/or Python.
- Enjoy discovering and solving problems; proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, visual and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner to executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business and engineering teams
- A willingness to learn, share, and improve.