Required Experience: 3 years
Salary Period: monthly
Job Type: Full Time
Language Skills: English
Education Level: Bachelor's degree
Company Name: American University of Nigeria
Summary of Position
- The Laboratory Technologist works to ensure the efficient running of the Chemical Engineering laboratories to meet the teaching and learning objectives of the School of Engineering.
- S/he will work under the supervision of the faculty and will collaborate with them to ensure that Laboratory courses are effectively taught.
- S/he will physically manage the laboratories, ensure the securities of the equipment and supplies.
- S/he is responsible for preparing the Lab manuals and shall guide the students to carry out their lab tasks safely and successfully.
- S/he will ensure that all the safety rules are adhered to by the students and shall be responsible for the proper inventory of all the facilities in the Lab.
- B.Sc / BEng or HND in Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry or related courses, a Master's degree will be an added advantage
- Previous experience working as a Technologist in a Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or Chemistry Laboratory.
- Good working knowledge of Chemical Engineering laboratory equipment such as heat exchangers, distillation column, gas absorber, gas analyzer, reactors (CSTR, laminar flow reactor etc.), dryers, demonstration control system, Flowmeter demonstration apparatus, laminar and turbulent flow measurement equipment, temperature measurement and calibration apparatus etc.
- Good working knowledge of Matlab Aspen Hysis and other simulation software
- Good working knowledge of computers and statistics
- Excellent people skills and communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information
Other desirable conditions:
- Experience working in a university setting with faculty, students, and staff.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing the laboratory manuals and shall guide the students to carry out their laboratory tasks and in the operation of the equipment accordingly.
- Responsible for the proper inventory of all the facilities in the laboratories and keeping records with accuracy and responsibility.
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment